Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Morning-After Update...

Greetings from the morning after St. Patrick's Day! Since it was such an early start to the festivities yesterday morning, Vicky and I called it quits about... 12 hours and one incident with the police into our day of debauchery.

It was an amazing day and as I sit here with not much more than a slight headache at 7 am, I figured I'd update you all a bit while I checked how my Chicago sports teams are faring.

Starting with the Dublin St. Patrick's Festival Parade and rounding out with plenty of Guinness and Bulmer's (Magner's) cider, bad (amazing) food decisions and good company. The only hiccup in our trek was a run in with an overwhelmed police officer who went into our bag and took away our unopened beer. That was a bit of a buzz kill, but neither that nor the intermittent drizzle didn't dampen our spirits.

To close out the night, we took a spin on the most amazing carnival ride either of us had ever seen. Carny Culture lives on in Dublin. So, Happy Day After St. Patrick's Day, everyone! Time for some way-too-greasy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment